Frequently asked questions
We know there are quite a few things to consider when deciding on the right pool heater, so that’s why we’ve put together some of the most common questions asked by our customers. Take a look below, but if you’ve still got questions, please do not hesitate to give us a call or send us a message, and we’ll do our best to answer any queries you might have.
What does COP mean?
COP stands for coefficient of performance, it is a term specifically used in heat transfer to describe the efficiency of the heat pump transferring heat.
For example, we measure the COP by testing our Chilli Inversmart heat pool heat pumps with an outdoor temperature of 27 degrees and pool temperature of 27 degrees. The COP can range from 6.3~15, which converts to an efficiency of 500%~2000%.
This means that for every unit (KW) of electricity it takes to run the compressor, you get 6.8~24 units (KW) of heat out of the heat pump. See our Inversmart or Ecosmart range category pages for specific information.
How does COP work?
COP has a direct relationship with ambient air temperature and humidity as an inverter heat pump extracts the heat from the air.
Why should I care about COP?
The higher the COP value (energy output) of the pump the more powerful it is and the lower your electricity bill.
Why is an inverter pool heat pump better than a regular standard pool heat pump?
Inverter is an energy saving technology that eliminates wasted operation (energy) in pool heat pumps by efficiently controlling motor speed, known as stepless technology.
The heat pump motor works like the accelerator of a car to maintain a set temperature rather than stopping and starting the motor like traditional standard heat pumps. Our Inversmart range has a double energy saving – saving you 50% of your pool heating bill verses a traditional switch on/off heat pump.
What is Inverpad technology
Is the combination of the revolutionary case design, inclusion of stepless DC inverter technology and noise reduction to bring you the most beautifully designed heat pump to compliment your pool and garden landscaping.
What is EEV technology
EEV stands for Electronic Expansion Valves, this is the technology used to manage and adjust the gas flow. With the intelligent design of the Chilli Inversmart heaters we can achieve a COP of up to 20%. See our Inversmart range
If you don’t know the size of your pool, use the calculation below.You can get volume of a square or rectangular pool by multiplying the length by the width and the average depth. To get the average depth of your pool, take the depth of the shallow end of your pool and add it to the depth of the deep end, and divide by two. Here’s a quick example.
Let’s say the shallow end of your pool is 1 meters deep and the deep end is 2 meters deep. Add those two together 1 meter + 2 meters =3 meters. Divide that by 2, =1.5 meters, what you’ll end up with is is average depth in meters.
For example; the pool is 6 meters long (length), 2 meters wide (width), and has an average depth of 1 meters.
The formula for that would look like:
6 meters x 2 meters x 1 meters = 12m3 or 12,000 litres.So this particular pool’s volume would be 12m3 give or take a few.
During Swim Season
1. Please clean this machine with household detergents or clean water, never use gasoline, thinners or any similar fuel.
2. Check bolts, cables and connections regularly.
3. If repair or scrap is required, please contact your local installer or contact us for a service booking
2. Do not attempt to work on the equipment by yourself. Unauthorised repair may cause damage and is dangerous.
3. In case of risking, safety inspection must be carried before the maintenance or repairing for heat pumps with R32 gas.
Out Of SeasonIf heat pump is not in use please take the below steps;
1. Cut off power supply to prevent any machine damage.
2. Drain water clear of the machine.
3. Please clean this machine with household detergents or clean water, never use gasoline, thinners or any similar fuel.
4. Check bolts, cables and connections regularly.
4. If repair or scrap is required, please contact your local installer or contact us for a service booking
5. Do not attempt to work on the equipment by yourself. Unauthorised repair may cause damage and is dangerous.
6. In case of risking, safety inspection must be carried before the maintenance or repairing for heat pumps with R32 gas.
7. Cover the heat pump casing when not in use, only when machine is switched off from main power supply.
Contact your local installer or contact us via email@example.com or call 1300 766 543.
Heat pump isn't running
1. No power? Wait until the power recovers
2. Check that power switch is on.
3. Fuse Burned? Check and change the fuse.
4.Check that the breaker is on
Fan running but with insufficient heating
1. Evaporator blocked? Remove any obstacles.
2. Air Outlet blocked? Remove any obstacles.
3. When restarting the unit it can take up to 3 minutes.
Display is normal, but no heating
1. Check that the temperature is not set to low.
2. The unit can take up to 3 minutes to restart.
If you’re after product support or would like to make a service booking, just select and complete the relevant form below, and a Chilli expert will be in touch with you shortly.
- Customer Support
- Book a service